Thursday, August 28, 2008

Maybelline Volume Express Hypercurl Mascara


I have always envied my husband's long, curly lashes. Now why would a guy need such lushes lashes? Mine are short and stick straight. Just like my hair. Sigh, life can be so unfair.

Anyway, as you may imagine, I need all the help I can get in the mascara department, so when I spied the Maybelline Volume Express Hypercurl Mascara in Very Black at Watson's the other day, I didn't hesitate. After all, Maybelline is renowned for its great mascaras. So did this one work?

It's easy to apply, if you're familiar with the curved wand, and the mascara dries within seconds. However, I still need to use my eyelash curler and apply two coats before I could get a decent black.

What I love most about this though, is that it is seriously smudge-proof and stays obediently on my lashes until I wipe it off at night with my eye makeup remover. It's also waterproof and I was amazed at how it survived a torrential downpour. Ok, I exaggerate. Two big glops of rainwater fell into my eyes and onto my lashes the other afternoon during one of our sudden storms. But hey, what do you know, the mascara remained perfectly still and did not run.

No comments: