Saturday, August 16, 2008

Chanel Precision UV Essentiel SPF 50/PA+++


Living near the equator does come with its own hazards. We have warm weather the whole year round, which means lots of sun. And we all know that too much sun exposure is bad for your skin. Not only does it gives you wrinkles but your skin will turn leathery. Ugh! Not only will you look terrible, but you also run the risk of getting skin cancer.

While there are many sunscreen lotions with high SPF factor for the body, most make-up unfortunately do not contain enough protection against the harsh tropical sun. So you do need to apply facial sunblock to keep those wrinkles at bay.

Last week, while I was getting my regular dose of retail therapy at Tangs Department Store in Orchard Road, I chanced upon the Chanel counter. Ok, I admit, I have been nursing a thing for Chanel lately, but that's another story. Anyway, the lovely sales assistant dabbed a little of their facial sunblock on me and when I saw how non-greasy, fresh smelling (totally unsunblocklike) and easily absorbed it was, I immediately bought a tube.

The Chanel Precision UV Essentiel Protective UV Care Anti-Pollution (what a mouthful) comes in a distinctive white 30 ml tube with black lettering and the familiar intertwined Cs on the cap, which would look good on any vanity.

More importantly, this lotion has a rating of SPF 50 and PA+++. The SPF factor indicates how much longer you would be able to stay out in the sun by protecting you from UVB rays that cause sunburn, while the PA factor indicates how much protection you're getting from harmful UVA rays that cause long-term damage to your skin cells.

This sunblock should be applied after your moisturizer and before your primer/foundation. You must remember to shake the bottle before use to mix the lotion. Just a pea-sized drop is enough to slather on your whole face and neck, so the tube should last you a long while.

I've been using my new facial sunblock for almost two weeks now, and I still get a kick from its lovely scent and smooth texture. I also feel good knowing that I'm protecting my skin against the damaging effects of the sun.

Get it for SGD 69 from Chanel beauty counters. Your skin will thank you for it.

No comments: